Here’s some exciting news I can share about the third edition of the Enicar book. Time for a Change, MkIII, is almost ready. At least, in my head. Tons of ideas have been emerging ever since the second print of the book sold out roughly a year ago. Newly found catalogues, advertisements, patents, stories and collector’s insights have piled up to a point where even my graphic designer was scratching her head about how to fit all this amazing Enicar information into the book.
- The untold story of the Swedish Gun Divers: professional divers & water-skiers who went under and above in the 1960s and 1970s, fully equipped and sponsored by Enicar
- The Enicar jump hour collection: all the models photographed periodically correct, all the insights shared by the world’s authority on mechanical digital watches
- Reenacting the Enicar watch dealer store: traveling back to the 1970s with Verse Beeldwaren
- The Jet age: a unique peek in the Douglas DC-8 (Enicar was there!)
- The Space age: the watches that came straight from Saturn
- Top gear sponsoring: Enicar and the kings of the circuit
- Ten years on Antarctica: Sherpas teaming up with the Japanese scientists
- Newly discovered catalogs and brochures from all over the planet
- Collectors and their favorite Enicar watches
Price and availability
What’s next? My designer and photographers are working hard to create the new content. We will be working on this till December (at least). This means the new edition of Time for a Change will be available in a limited run of 500 pieces, early 2024. Expect a new cover and a heavy 280 pages thick coffee table bible. The price of the new edition is not yet available, since I am still working out a reasonable production price with my printer. Remember, the Enicar book is a fully independent production and a passion project.
I am grateful for the Enicar collectors who have send me photo’s of their watches and financially supported this project. I would like to thank everyone who has already joined the waiting list. By joining the list, you have created a steady fundament for me to carry on with the third edition. As soon as the new book is ready, you will be able to buy it on this website. You will be the first to know!
Waiting list & sponsoring
Please send me a message if you are interested in the book and want to be on the waiting list. I still offer the opportunity to (vintage) watch resellers to partner up. I have some interesting bundles to choose from, including your logo in the book and an interesting discount on a larger batch of books. Don’t hesitate to send me an email if you want to know more.